Kimchi Fried Rice
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 400g cooked rice, cooled (Cooling the rice is the secret to making fluffy fried rice!)
- 180g Jaru's Original Kimchi
- 1/2 Small onion, medium diced
- 100g of Petite Pois or Sweet corns
- Sesame seeds and spring onions for garnish
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of Gochujang (optional)
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 100g of smoked bacon, medium diced
- 100g of smoked chorizo, medium diced
- 100g of pork belly, medium diced
- *for V*: Mushrooms & Chickpeas work well too!
- 2 free-ranged eggs for sunny side up
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan or wok over medium heat, cook onions, kimchi, chorizo, and butter for 5 minutes to bring up the flavours.
- Add chopped bacon, pork belly, petite pois and sweetcorns, and cook until the moist is nearly dried out. about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooled rice and gochujang in the pan, and mix it gently using a spatula.
- (On a separate pan, make beautiful sunny side ups!)
- Heat the pan to low heat, to make the bottom crispy. That's the best part. You'll find the right timing by its sizzling sound and smells! it normally takes about a minute.
- Finish with sesame oil, toasted seeds, and spring onions.
- Grab some Korean beers, or Soju, and dig in.
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017