Kimchi Fried Rice
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 400g cooked rice (best if you cool it down before fry up!)
- 180g Jaru's Original Kimchi
- 1/2 Small onion, medium diced
- 100g of sweet corn or garden peas
- Sesame seeds and spring onions for garnish
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of Gochujang (optional)
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 100g of smoked bacon, medium diced (optional)
- 100g of spam, medium diced (optional)
- * Replace Bacon and Spam with Mushroom and Chickpea for Vegetarian option
- 2 medium eggs for sunny side up
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan or wok over medium heat, cook onions, kimchi, and butter for 5 minutes
- Add chopped bacon, sweetcorn, and spam, and cook until sauce is nearly dried out. about 5 minutes.
- Drop the rice and gochujang in the pan, and mix it well using a spatula
- (On a separate pan, make beautiful sunny side ups!)
- Heat-up the pan to make the bottom crispy! Just make sure not to burn. You'll find the right timing by its sizzling sound and smells! it normally takes about a minute.
- Finish with sesame oil, toasted seeds, and spring onions.
- It's time for beer'ssss.
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017